- Sermon Series - as you may remember we are focusing on the overall health of a human - in light of the fact that even though many Asian Americans work in the health care industry they don’t always have adequate access to health care for themselves and their families. This Sunday May 22nd we will focus on the emotional health of a person and the last Sunday will focus on Spiritual health. We hope you will be able to join us for both these Sundays.
- Fellowship with Food - This Sunday, May 22nd, after worship we will join in a time of feasting - with fun, food and fellowship! We will have Indian and Lebanese taste of food, music and share a little bit of culture. If you may miss this Sunday - you will miss a rare opportunity to see me in a sari - what is it? Well, come on Sunday and find out! 😊
- Movie and Culture - On Sunday, May 29th, Pip will lead us in a zoom gathering of watching a movie and have a discussion following.
What after May, you ask? Well - we have plans, so here are a few other important dates and events:
- May 29th will be Lee and Pip’s last day with us as interns for this year. Pip will be returning to us next year for their 2nd year. Lee will be staying with us as a worshipper and as decided to make Broadway their church home for now - as they also begin exploring their ordination process. We invite you to send cards/notes for them to church, so we can collect them and share them with Lee and Pip on the 29th. And of course - we will have cake and punch to celebrate their time with us!
- Next month is PRIDE MONTH! Lee and I are looking into a sermon series focusing on the ‘revolutionary nature of Jesus’ teachings’ based on the book titled, “The Politics of Jesus”. We will share more on it next week.
- COVID Vaccination Clinic - we will hold clinics at church on Sundays June 5th and 12th from 11am to 2pm. Vaccinations will be available for kids and adults, including the 2nd boosters, so please do sign up here if you wish to be boosted or vaccinated.
Beloveds, on a different note - last night I learned of the passing of a younger cousin in India. The news has jolted the whole family out of slumber because we realize how little we talked to this family of ours. Friends, we never know what life will dish out for us - or what tomorrow will bring. So - please make time for family and friends, check in, especially with those you have not talked to in a while, and stay in touch with all you love and care for.