The season of holidays is filled with many such rituals. The decorating and celebrating, shopping and wrapping, giving and receiving, turkey and candles, slowing down and trying to catch up with all that needs to be done. We at Broadway will keep up with many of our rituals of the holiday season -- some as they always have been and some in a slightly different way.
- We will decorate! You are welcome to join us on Saturday, Nov 30th from 9:30- 11:30am or Sunday Dec 1st after the second service.
- We will celebrate -- by singing hymns of Advent and Carols at last!
- We will study the story of the birth of Jesus, but this will be a little different than how we remember the story always was told. On Wednesdays, during Bible Study, we will use the Advent devotional, “Low.” If anyone desires to join this 3 week study -- let me know so I can give you the devotional book.
- We will acknowledge that not everyone feels happy and joy-filled during this season and will join in ritualizing the grief and sadness some may feel during this season with a “Blue Christmas” service on Wednesday, December 18th @7:00pm.
- Due to changes in life and circumstances, we will not have our ritual “Christmas Cantata” this year. Fewer voices and even fewer available to sing made it difficult to keep that ritual. I know many will be disappointed, but I invite you to explain to them that sometimes circumstances demand that we create new rituals.
Let me know your thoughts by sending me an email.
So, here is my question:
- What rituals do you miss?
- What rituals should we revisit?
- What new rituals we can start?