- Alexia for keeping the office in order,
- Kathy Wurster for being available for pastoral care,
- Rebecca and Richard for making sure worship happened seamlessly,
- Jon Fallon for managing facebook live during worship,
- Satia and Mel for managing Bible Study and Zoom for that group, and
- ALL OF YOU for being gracious where grace was needed and for welcoming Bishop Sally Dyck, members of the cabinet (District Superintendents) and our beloved ‘Tonks’ into our worship experience.
I can’t wait to see you all on Sunday for worship. Also wanted to remind you that we still have a tentative plan to open the sanctuary for in-person worship on September 6th. We will share the FINAL plan with you before that Sunday, but please remember to register, if you desire to join us in the sanctuary for worship. And also know that even when we go to in-person worship, we will still have livestream available for those who desire to join us from home.
Beloveds I also want to share that Friday, when you read this, will mark the fifty-seventh anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech. Families of Black Americans shot or killed by police officers will gather on the same site, the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C, not only to remember the speech of Dr. MLK but also to call for racial justice and police reform. May we pay attention to that march and the call it might have on our lives.