Hello Broadway United Methodist!
I'm one of your new interns! My name is Epiphany Paris, though everybody calls me Pip! I am gender nonbinary use they/them pronouns. I am studying to be a Unitarian Universalist minister, and am here because of my interest in interfaith alliances, particularly in working towards social justice.
I very much would like to meet as many of you as possible! Starting now, I am initiating "Brunch with the Intern." This is an opportunity to take me out (or invite me into your home) for breakfast, lunch or coffee. We can chat together, and I can learn more about you, your family, and if you are interested in discussing it, your faith. Here is a link where you can schedule time next week with me.
Note: this link is just for next week. I’ll re-post in following weeks. Also, if you have a time that doesn’t fit into this schedule, let me know and I’ll accommodate. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some fun facts about me:
- For 20 years I wanted to be a filmmaker
- My favorite video shoots were filming from airplanes and gliders
- I once pet a bumble bee
- I've seen Metallica 3 times in concert
- I am a single mother of a 13 year old non-binary child, Joy
- I spent 3 weeks in India in 2015
- I changed my name to Epiphany Ayla Paris in 2012
- I have three cats, two girls and a boy
- I got chicken pox as a kid, twice
- When I was a kid, I loved to climb trees and catch frogs
- My first pet was a hamster
- My heritage is 50% Norwegian and 50% German
- My eyes are hazel and change depending on the day from green to brown to mixed green and brown